Ballard Film Society
Paul Ballard began programming this art and experimental cinema screening series in 1945 at an apartment in Hollywood though it eventually relocated to the Coronet Theater.
The organization's program notes read:
'A permanent Non-Profit Organization Devoted to the Screenings of- American, Documentary and Foreign Film Masterpieces.' 'This organization functions for the exclusive purpose of making available film masterpieces which have rightfully assumed their place in American culture. As the greatest art form the twentieth century, with its full development and perfection achieved here, this is the rightful place for an organization such as the Ballard Film Society and it is earnestly hoped for its continued support and growth by the motion picture industry and its audience'
[Source: Ballard Film Society Program Notes, 1946]
Garden Court Apartments 7021 Hollywood Blvd. Hollywood, CA
366 North La Cienaga Los Angeles, CA